If you want a printed copy of this book please click here.
As this timely reprint of the best-selling 1998 first edition powerfully documents, today’s popular obsession with spiritual revolution, “societal transformation,” paranormal activity, and “supernatural” signs and wonders has not just magically appeared by chance. The world and the church are clearly being prepared for some great event—but what? when? why? and by whom? Today, children and adults alike are faced with an endless barrage of “supernatural” violence and sexualized content designed to assault the senses—not merely for titilation, but for transformation of values, beliefs, and lifestyles. Dave Hunt documents and exposes this false dichotomy of “darkness” and “light” that is not only deceiving the world—but countless believers in the professing evangelical church.Contents:
- Why This Book?
- Evolution and Its Role
- What is the Occult?
- The Death of Materialism
- Remote Viewing
- A Dark and a Light Side?
- Naturalism or Supernaturalism?
- Native, Indigenous, and Nature Religion
- Spirit Communication and Possession
- Drugs, Imagination, and the Occult
- Ecology, Shamanism, Science, and Christianity
- The Influence of Eastern Mysticism
- New Respectability in a New Age
- Holistic Medicine
- Twelve Steps with "God As You Conceive Him"
- The Seduction of Youth
- Playing God: The Lust for Power
- What about UFOs, ETI's, and Near-Death Experiences?
- Apparitions of Angels, Ghosts and Mary
- Occultism and the Roman Catholic Church
- Psychology and the Occult
- "Christian" Psychology
- Charismatic/Evangelical Occultism
- "Spiritual Warfare" and Revival
- A.D. 2000: Millennial Madness
- The Coming World Religion